DIVISION OF ENERGY
The primary goal of the Division of Energy is to advance sustainable energy practices and behaviors.
To achieve this goal, the Division of Energy works to:
- increase the use of proven energy conservation practices in Virginia;
- foster growth of emerging and sustainable energy industries and infrastructure;
- identify applications of new and innovative energy technologies in Virginia;
- advance partnerships that will enable energy efficiency and economic development opportunities;
- improve the energy efficiency of commercial, institutional, and residential buildings in Virginia; and
- provide energy education and outreach to Virginians to increase their ability to make informed energy choices.